Saturday, July 11, 2020


मुझे तूम नजरसे गिरा तो रहे हो..

[सबाह फैझ अली]

Indian subcontinent is rich with Urdu literature, especially Gazals. Ghalib is known more across the continent. There are more Shayars, like Faiz Ahmed Faiz, Nida Fazali etc. Everybody does not understand Urdu or Farasi and hence, I felt a need to make it available for those who do not understand Urdu or Farsi. 


In this, direction, this is the maiden attempt. The below is the famous gazal penned by Sabah Faiz Ali and sung by many, but most soul touching is sung by Mehadi Hasan. Nusrat Fate Ali Khan, Anuradha Poudwal had also sung it. It is real unique experience to listen this gazal by Mehadi Hasan...

You are demeaning me, but you can never forget me……


Do not know but, I am feeling it surely

that you could not, erase my love,

Wherever you go, 
You will remember me

sometime like a song or, in flowing tears on your

cheeks……


You will find me restless, anywhere you go
Because I have lighted me, Love-lamp with sincerity,

And even if you want, You could not

darken my lamp….


When you hear my name, Oh Dear,
You will be restless, And Mind,

You will miss a pulse, your eyes will be dampened

by a dark acute pain, and if somebody asks You,

reason for your cry, even if you wish, Hey,

you will fall and fail to, tell the reason why……….


My heart is beating like a wildfire, and it is igniting my desires

by trickling my tears, I am sure one day you will realise,

but then I will not be there, in your life,

and then, even if, you yearn to invite me, you could not, so sad my Love….



I am very much thankful to #Dr Jairna Sani #Dr VInay Waikar for their literary work on Urdu Gazal, "Aiena-E-Gazal". https://www.instagram.com/mukundayan/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome. Thanks for your comments

|| श्रीमद्भगवद्गीता : ज्ञानाचा अभूतपूर्व आविष्कार ||

  || श्रीमद्भगवद्गीता : ज्ञानाचा अभूतपूर्व आविष्कार || “नारायणं नमस्क्रुत्य नरं चैव नरोत्तमम् | देवीं सरस्वती व्यासं ततो जयमुदिरयेत ||” ( ...